Re: remote protocol question

Andrew,

We are thinking of connecting GDB to a simulator over a socket. The concern is that we stop GDB (via a breakpoint, control-C, etc.). The simulator is able to take input from a separate console window. It would be possible in that console window to then issue a set of commands to change the state of the simulation (NIA, GPRs, etc). The question is if we can somehow ensure that when the user continues in GDB that the, GDB will have the correction notion of state.

Hopefully, that is clear, but maybe not ;)

thanks

The remote protocol, which based on a simple master (GDB) / slave (STUB) relationship, wasn't designed for this. I think it would be better solved with a properly asynchronous protocol.

Why not instead integrate the simulat and/or console into GDB?

Andrew