Re: A.R. Index for GDB version 6.1.91_20040719

joel> Back to Eli's problem: We need to have a name such that, after
joel> generation from configure, we end up with "gnat_ada.gpr" (fortunately,
joel> gnat_ada.gpr fits the 8+3 profile). Is that possible?

Yeah, I'm testing a patch right now.

gnat_ada.gpr.in is the default name, but AC_OUTPUT has a syntax for
specifying an explicit name, so I'm just using that.  The new name will
be gnat_ada.gin if that's okay with daniel.

(At first I wanted to use gnat_ada.gpr_in, but then I thought:
what if someone configures in the source directory, and what if
configuration reaches down into testsuite/ even though testsuite/
does not actually run on msdos).

Also my understanding is: if the ms-dos port actually uses the file, the
name has to fit in 8.3.  But if the ms-dos port does not use the file,
the name just has to be 8.3 unique with truncation, plus some other
requirements like "no more than one dot".

The test suite is not used on ms-dos so null_record.adb and
null_record.exp are fine.  They get unpacked as null_rec.adb and
null_rec.exp, so they wouldn't actually work, but they survive the
process of unpacking the tarball.

Michael C