Re: [6.2] PROBLEMS file

Mark Kettenis writes:
> There will always be cases where GDB will get confused and lose track.
> In that case it will possibly provide an endless or very long backtrace
> containing garbage.

I'm okay with this part, as long as the user can easily get it
out of it at the "press space to continue" prompt.

It would be nice to have an adjustable cutoff defaulting to perhaps
1000 or 10,000 frames.  I've had some huge gdb.log files
(20 megabytes) because the test suite triggered such a bug and
then gdb wouldn't quit.

> So IMHO there is no regression here.  PR 1505 should be closed.

It's a regression if a specific sequence of commands works with
gdb N and does not work with gdb N+1.  You might have to say
"can't fix" or "won't fix".

Michael C