Re: [proposal/testsuite] require build == host

ac> It would be useful, just so that we know where they are going.

I talked to Rob Savoye a month or two ago, and basically
Dejagnu is mature at this point.  I don't think it's going to
add or drop major features.

ac> For the moment, lets stick with the status quo.  Tests are required to
ac> work host==build.  Having a test work host!=build is an added bonus, but
ac> not a requrement.  We can hardly enforce host!=build when there's no way
ac> to test it and the return on investment is marginal.

The machine resources are easy to get.  build == my laptop,
host == hp test drive machine (they support inbound telnet and ftp).
All I have to do is write a board file!

I'm going to move off the status quo in one direction or the other.
Either build != host is supported, or it's not.  If it is supported,
then I have to test it (sigh), and at least characterize how many tests
are broken.  If it's not supported, then I want the doco to say so.

Michael C