Re: [6.3] Drop xm-*.h from GDB - move to pure autoconf

> Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 20:04:48 -0400
> From: Andrew Cagney <cagney@gnu.org>
>
> At this stage, the only issue I know of blocking the xm file removal, is
> DOS file support.  Both DJGPP and CYGWIN appear to have configury not
> yet handled by autoconf.

??? Could you spell out the problems?

There are dozens of GNU projects, all of them using Autoconf (and also
libtool, for that matter), that were ported to DJGPP by running the
configure script with minimal changes (akin the config.sed script used
by GDB).  I'm not aware of any problems that would stop the show for
you, but perhaps I'm missing something.

> - have DJGPP and CYGWIN use autoconf for DOS file support

What do you mean by that?  What ``DOS file support'' in GDB needs to
be autoconfiscated?