Re: break instruction does not work for mips simulator

Hi

'Break' instruction does not work for mips32 and mips16 targets in a
user program (asm file). When I try to execute 'break'instruction, the
control does not proceed, again and again the same instruction 'break'
executes and also I don't get any break point exception.

Is it any known bug in GDB?

This behavior is to be expected. Since GDB didn't insert the breakpoint it has no reason to remove/skip it.

You can set:

handle SIGTRAP pass noprint nostop

and GDB will pass such traps back to the inferior, however, no guarantee on what happens next.

Andrew