Re: Can't set bkpt at throw statement

Hey Allen ,

I have two essentially identical C++ classes with essentially identical
methods that both throw the same exception.  In gdb, I'm able to set a
breakpoint at the "throw" statement in one class, but not in the other.
Here are the break commands, first on the one that succeeds, then on
the one that fails:

What are the versions of g++, binutils and gdb that you are using. I tried your case on a 686 with g++ -3.3.4 debian , gdb - 6.1 and binutils 2.14.90 and had no problems with inserting breakpoint #2 . If you could tell the versions of the tools, maybe someone can help you and also check if this is a problem with gdb.

regards
Ramana