Performance of Remote Debugging with gdbserver

Hi

I am experiencing extremely SLOW Performance of my application when I try to debug it remotely. My host is running Redhat 7.1 Linux and is on 100 MBit network and my target is running Modified Linux Kernel (x86) from 2.4.20 branch. I am using GDB 6.2 (both for gdb and gdbserver). The application I am debugging is quite huge and complex mostly written in C++.

When I debug the application from the target using gdb on the target it works fine, but the SLOW DOWN is only experienced when trying to remote debug it with gdbserver.

Any ideas or help for improving the performance will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sovrin