Re: strange tcl dejagnu error

Andrew Cagney wrote:
> ERROR: expected boolean value but got ""
>      while executing
> "if [gdb_file_cmd $arg] then { return -1 }"
>      (procedure "gdb_load" line 9)
>      invoked from within
> "gdb_load ${binfile}"
>      (file "/home/scratch/GDB/src/gdb/testsuite/gdb.base/arithmet.exp"

Just so you know, I'm still chewing on this problem.

Plan #1

  I back out the changes from Manoj and myself to make gdb_file_cmd
  return more information so that the caller can tell if the executable
  was stripped or not.  Then all the alternate implementations of
  gdb_load in config/*.exp ought to work again.  After that, I figure
  out some other mechanism to get what we wanted in the first place.

Plan #2

  I go forward, patching up gdb_load in config/*.exp.  I actually
  wrote this patch, but it's 500 lines long, scattered over a lot
  of places, and will be hard to test all of it.  (monitor, gdbserver,
  netware, sid, sim, and so on).

Both plans are icky in different ways.

Gotta stare at the wall some more.  Ideas welcomed.

Michael