Re: debugger 6.2.1 misfeatures

> For some reason, gdb-6.2.1 isn't reading symbols when it attaches to
> processes..  gdb-5.3 has no problem doing this. (installed on sun
> solaris 2.8)
>
> Is this an oversight - or a potential bug? If a bug, what diagnostic
> input do people need in order to track it down?

This is pretty easy to reproduce. I took a program that was looping
for ever, and attached to it. The symbols where indeed not loaded.
For instance, take attach.c from attach.exp, launch it, then use
GDB to attach to it, and you'll see the problem.

Interestingly, this seems to be solaris-specific, as the problem
doesn't appear on x86-linux for instance.

This shouldn't be very hard to fix. I'd rather continuing my work
on the mips-irix port, but if nobody has taken ownership of this
problem by tonight, I'll have a quick look.

--
Joel