RE: debugging the gdb with itself

Pls follow the following steps

1. Invoke DDD

"$ ddd <gdb executable>"

2. Pls set the option from the menu in DDD.

"Program => Run in Execution window"

3. Set the breakpoints in the source if need

4. Now run

5. After running the execution window will appear. This execution window
is the input console for the GDB which is debugging.
The GDB console in DDD will not be overlap by the gdb (which is
debugging).

Pls try this. It should work.

Monika