Gdb with Guile

I was wondering if you guys had considered linking guile in with gdb to provide the extension language functionality prior to going ahead with MI. With Guile it is very easy to add a lightweight, yet excellent extension language, and it is a complementary GNU project. I think it would be a fun project. That's why I'm asking - I'd like to do it myself. So I wonder if it was considered to be a bad idea. How did you arrive at MI1 and MI2? Being quite familiar with Guile, I think it would be a better choice.

--bmcqueen