Re: GDB/MI snapshots between major release's

Bob Rossi <bob@brasko.net>:
> You obviously not understanding the point here. I can not even get my
> front end to the point where it can look at the command. The reason is,
> I can not *PARSE* the command.

mostly, I don't understand why you feel you need to parse a
command before understanding it, when the command is something
simple like a 'who are you?' challenge/response.  most programs
that can speak to different clients will do some dynamic
adaptation of protocol based on interaction with the client.
it's not clear to me why you want to do it differently.

> Therefor, I don't have a parse tree, and can not even begin to
> understand what MI output command GDB just sent to me.

this seems to be the miscommunication going on.  I don't think I
need a parse tree to begin understanding output, and it's not
clear to me what programming model you're using that makes it
hard to do simple output recognition without a parse tree.