RE: probing GDB for MI versions

  Yes, I can, but I'm not going to do it for you.  Here's a hint, in shell
terms:

echo "-mi-version" | gdb | grep "Highest supported MI version is" | ....

[you have to fill in the ... with some kind of sed or awk command]

> Will this code work with MI5, MI6 and MI7. Since it is likely
> that there will be syntax changes?

  As long as the body text of that string that you blindly search for
remains the same, yes it will.

    cheers,
      DaveK