Re: Trimming the CVS "gdb" module

> Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:47:58 -0400
> From: Andrew Cagney <cagney@gnu.org>
> Cc: gdb@sources.redhat.com
>
> > I have concerns about the `intl' part.  Where, if anywhere at all,
> > will GDB distributions keep the stuff that is currently in `intl'?
> > AFAIR, GNU projects that support l10n bring this stuff with them, they
> > do not rely on the installed gettext facilities as the sole solution.
> > Are we going to create a new directory `gdb/intl' and import files
> > there from the GNU gettext CVS tree, or will we do somthing else?
>
> On GNU systems, intl is already available and installed and GDB's
> configuration is set up to use it (similar for my "Free" NetBSD system).

I understand (from the URLs of past threads) that GDB will not come
with intl stuff, and so users of systems where there's no intl are on
their own.  I don't really understand why other GNU projects can come
with intl and be built with it while GDB cannot, but if people here
are okay with leaving this unfixed, so be it.