Re: Trimming the CVS "gdb" module

   Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 06:53:40 +0200
   From: "Eli Zaretskii" <eliz@gnu.org>

   > Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:47:58 -0400
   > From: Andrew Cagney <cagney@gnu.org>
   > Cc: gdb@sources.redhat.com
   >
   > On GNU systems, intl is already available and installed and GDB's
   > configuration is set up to use it (similar for my "Free" NetBSD system).

   I understand (from the URLs of past threads) that GDB will not come
   with intl stuff, and so users of systems where there's no intl are on
   their own.  I don't really understand why other GNU projects can come
   with intl and be built with it while GDB cannot, but if people here
   are okay with leaving this unfixed, so be it.

Many of the other GNU projects are broken on systems that don't come
with intl because the intl that comes bundled with the project doesn't
build.

Mark