Re: Trimming the CVS "gdb" module

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Perhaps that's true, but we don't have to learn from the projects that
have this problem.  Let's learn from those which did solve this
successfully.

In any case, the threads that Andrew pointed to were about replacing a
100% broken feature with one that works on some systems.  Now it
sounds like we are going to decide that the temporary solution is the
one to stay for good.  Let's at least record somewhere that there's a
problem here that we hope one day to solve.

Can you describe the problem we're expecting to solve?

Andrew