Re: GDB is the GNU project's native debugger

Andrew Cagney wrote:

GDB is the GNU project's native debuger. While we're certainly happy to accomodate people using GDB as either an embedded debugger or native debugger on other systems, the need to persue GDB as a native debugger on GNU systems must be our first priority.

How do you define GNU system? If you're looking at the OS, Linux is the only GNU system in wide use since HURD is not mainstream. If you define it as a system using a GNU toolchain then I don't see that you're particularily narrowing your scope since you now include many of the embedded systems, BSDs, some Win32 such as Cygwin and MinGW.

Could you perhaps tell us what you're trying to accomplish with this mission statement? Are you looking to establish some sort of "level of support priority" system for deciding which new features to add and which bugs to fix?

cheers,

Kris