Can we have the intl directory back?

I just discovered that we released a GDB 6.3 that will probably not
build out of the box on systems that don't have an installed libintl
in the default search path.  You can work around this by specifying
--disable-nls, but that sucks.  I didn't realize that our autoconfig
scripts don't default to --disable-nls if no usable libintl is found.
I didn't notice it because I never removed the intl directory from my
checked out CVS tree.

Now that I know this, Andrew's argument for not including the intl
subdirectory doesn't really make sense.  Instead of having to specify
--disable-nls on systems where the included intl doesn't build, you
now have to specify --disable-nls on almost all non-GNU systems.

So can we please add back the intl directory?  The alternative of
checking whether an installed intl is available would be acceptable
too, but that requires coordination with binutils, since we'd have to
duplicate that logic for the bfd subdirectory too.

There was a recent discussion about bringing over the intl stuff from
GCC.  I'm willing to spend some time on that if it means I get my intl
back ;-).

Mark