(a?)synchronous stepping commands in gdb MI

 Hello!

As follows from the "Debugging with GDB" document, all stepping
commands in GDB MI interface ( -exec-.* ) are asynchronous.
On page 223 (GDB MI -> Program control -> -exec-interrupt command
section) there is even an example of MI command for interrupting the
inferior execution.

Nevertheless, I couldnt reproduce this example :(
I have GDB 6.3 (downloaded last week) in "i686-pc-linux-gnu"
configuration and usual local executable debugging session
(e.i. "gdb -i=mi a.out" call).

All inferior execution commands seem to behave synchronously
(no matter whether inferior is interactive or has its I/O redirected
to files) - -exec-step (for example) can be interrupted only by ^C
signal and other MI commands are ignored (though "(gdb)" prompt is
displayed!)..
What can be the matter? %)

P.S. The next philosophical question will be "what, in general, are
the debugger commands that can be issued during the inferior
execution? (except trivial interrupt, of course)"

--
Best regards,
Konstantin Karganov