Re: Breaking exceptions before stack unwind

> Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:08:03 -0500
> From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>
> Cc: gdb@sources.redhat.com
>
> On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 12:09:21PM -0800, Chris Stankevitz wrote:
> >
> > According to the GDB documentation, you can tell gdb to break on all
> > exceptions with this command:
> >  break __raise_exception
> >
> > This does not work for me (not defined).  Others suggested this:
> >  break __cp_push_exception
> >
> > That doesn't work for me either (not defined).
> >
> > I have two questions:
> >
> > 1. Why don't either of those two options work for me?
>
> Obsolete documentation.

The obsolete advice is still in the manual.  What should we do to
un-obsolete it?  Are there any alternative library functions to try?
Should we perhaps delete the whole paragraph, and instead tell users
how to work around problems with shared library loading with the trick
you cited later in this thread ("set stop-on-solib-events 1; run")?