Re: pc_requires_run_before_use

> I haven't looked at this but I think this is typical of the plabel
> setup for lazy binding.  In GCC under linux, we need to call into
> the dynamic linker to force resolution of the function when doing
> function pointer comparisons.  This is the infamous __cffc routine.
> I think gdb will have similar issues when trying to set a break
> in a shared library.

no, i don't think that's it:

(gdb) b printf
Function "printf" not defined.
Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load? (y or [n]) n

gdb is pretty smart about this....

we used to have problems stepping into shared lib functions before they
have been resolved by the loader, but this has been fixed some time
back.

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports