Re: Loading shared libraries for core file

Kris Warkentin wrote:
Ben Hutchings wrote:
Kris Warkentin wrote:
'info shared' should tell you what it plans to load and whether or not
it has yet.

Unfortunately not: "No shared libraries loaded at this time."

Strange. Is it possible that your application cored before it loaded the shared libs? Linux uses lazy linking so if none of your objects had
been used yet, they might not be loaded.

The process had been running for a while and to get to that point it would have had to run code from all the libraries. It was actually running code from a shared library at the point I made the core dump. Now gdb won't show me that code!

<snip>
What do you get when you 'objdump -x <your_app> | grep NEEDED'?

NEEDED libboost_thread.so NEEDED libdl.so.2 NEEDED libstdc++.so.6 NEEDED libm.so.6 NEEDED libgcc_s.so.1 NEEDED libpthread.so.0 NEEDED libc.so.6 NEEDED ld-linux.so.2

Also, you might want to try "LD_DEBUG=all LD_DEBUG_OUTPUT=ld_debug.txt <your_app>" to see what's going on.

It's fairly clear that all the libraries are loaded successfully.

Ben.