Re: fullname descriptor with -break-list

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 01:10:06PM +1300, Nick Roberts wrote:
>  > > Would such a patch be acceptable?
>  >
>  > I believe it would be, when I added the -file-list commands, I was asked
>  > to add the information to the breakpoints and to the stack command.
>  >
>  > I didn't do it simply for time reasons. You can use the
>  > symtab_to_fullname or psymtab_to_fullname functions to get the data you
>  > need.
>  >
>  > In the long run, it would probably be usefull to output the fullname
>  > everywhere that "file" is used.
>
> For the moment, I will start GDB with annotations and convert as many of the
> CLI commands to MI as I can. I already use variable objects and I will add to
> this. I don't currently need the fullname in the stack output because it
> always gets printed for the current frame by annotations. Eventually I will
> need to get this information from MI output. I notice, however, that, in MI,
> the fullname *doesn't* get printed when execution stops:
>
> -exec-run
> ^running
> (gdb)
> *stopped,reason="breakpoint-hit",bkptno="1",thread-id="0",frame={addr="0x080486e2",func="myprint",args=[{name="i",value="0"},{name="j",value="0"}],file="myprint.c",line="5"}

O wow, it would be great to add this. I've been working on the MI
testsuite lately, and after I'm done with that, I'll most likely end up
wanting this exact feature. Otherwise, I'll have to call
-file-list-exec-source-file every time instead.

> I seem to recall there was some discussion about this earlier but I didn't
> follow the thread closely. Can somebody please tell me what the outcome was?

I don't recall anything about this. Sorry.

Bob Rossi