gdb testsuit

Dear All,
      I am testing gdb on my company's subsystem and have GCC/GNU
testsuite with us. I want to write few tests of my own and insert in
the testsuite so that it runs like other tests i.e. I do not have to
run and analyze them seperately. I tried but got caught in the maze of
expect, Tcl, dejagnu. I only know following things:-
1. Runtest.exp is the main test driver.
2. The expect "test" source files are inside various directories in
~/testsuite/gdb.* directories.

What would be a step-by-step approach inserting a test case?

--
regards,
Roopesh Kohad