Re: patch review time

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 09:33:25AM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 10:00:22 -0500
> > From: Bob Rossi <bob@brasko.net>
> >
> > I understand that people are busy, which is the very reason my patches
> > take so long to create. However, from my perspective it simply takes to long,
> > to get patch reviews done, except of course doco reviews from Eli :).
>
> I think I generally review all patches within my responsibility and/or
> area of expertise with the same speed, not only the doco ones.

I think you are missing the point here Eli. As an outsider of the GDB
project I am complaining that I can't make a significant contribution to
GDB because of patch review time.

I am making the assertion that only MAINTAINERS are capable of getting
any real work done. Even in that respect, Andrew himself stated,

   It's taken us three months to get through files a-c, simple math tells
   us that at that rate we'll finish sometime on '07.  I don't think so.

I'm calling for some type of action that will allow me to get some
real work done on GDB. Only the MAINTAINERS are capable of fixing this
problem, since I have absolutely no authority. I don't have the power to
just commit my MI patches to GDB and tell you all "I don't think so".

On the other hand, if the maintainers don't care about outside
contributions enough, GDB will certain suffer, as well as the whole
community.

Thanks,
Bob Rossi