Re: patch review time

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 02:14:55PM -0800, Kip Macy wrote:
> I think Bob may be trying to say that he'd like to be a maintainer ;-)

If this is the only way I can make a significant contribution to GDB
without having a time frame of months to a year, sign me up.

See, I don't care what the mechanism is to allowing an outside
contributor to improve GDB is, I just want find it and do it.

I don't care if Andrew is slow at reviewing my patches, it doesn't make
me mad at Andrew, since everyone has there own time to put towards there
own goals. However, if Andrew as "head maintainer" is not going to change
the GDB development process, to allow any outside contributor (me) to work on
GDB within a reasonable time frame, there then there is a real problem.

I am still trying to figure out if there is a loophole in Andrew's
system (note, I didn't say GDB's system) that will allow an outside contributor
to give back to GDB with in a reasonable amount of time, or if for some reason,
he's trying to block all large amount of contributor's development.

Well, Andrew, is there a loophole?

Andrew, I'm started to get fed up with your complete lack of response.
Will you please take me serious, pick up your role as head maintainer,
and respond to my allegations? This way, I'll at least know what the
possibilities of accomplishing my goals here are.

Thanks,
Bob Rossi