Re: MI output command error

> > If I were the GDB maintainer, I'd answer the following:
> > All "execution" commands (continue, step, next, etc) are partially
> > asynchronous - in the sence that when the execution is started you can
> > type a characters to inferior stdin. In this case you need a way to know
> > when the inferior starts/stops execution.
>
> Are you suggesting that you are using the MI with putting the inferior
> on a separate pty?

I suppose, that it is implemented in the same way. I mean that redirection
of inferior's I/O makes just redirection and doesnt affect the way in
which gdb command processing is done.

And it should be independent of tty redirection!
You will be scolding first if after using "tty" command the
^running/*stopped will change to *running/^stopped... :)

Best regards,
Konstantin.