Linux Realtime Scheduling Option

Hello!

I'm working on a project that uses Linux 2.4 on a PowerPC processor with real time scheduling.

One of the issues we've encountered is that when the application being debugged is running real time and gdb/gdbserver is not, scheduling problems occur.

I'm wondering if its possible to have an option added to gdb and the .gdbinit file which specifies the realtime priority which gdb/gdbserver should run at.

I searched the mailing list and do not find anything related to this in the past.

Has anyone got experience in this area? Do patches already exist?

Cheers
Dave

-- Dave Trollope Tel/Fax: +1 630 713 9110 mailto:trollope@lucent.com http://nwswww.ih.lucent.com/~dtrollop/ http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/7499/