Re: RFC : Handling breakpoints on archs. with imprecise exceptions.

Hi,

Isn't this usually handled by the kernel?

How could this be handled by the kernel ? The point is that one needs to insert 4 instructions in the place of one for a software breakpoint and the mechanism mentioned in my earlier mail is possibly one of the methods . (The point is one cannot ignore the next 3 instructions in the pipeline since one of them could be a branch to some location , so a simple DECR_PC_AFTER_BREAK would not necessarily work always )

Addr to set breakpoint: someinsn
			b bar

Having said that, could you point me to any kernel that does this ?

cheers
Ramana
--
Ramana Radhakrishnan