Re: [mi] watchpoint-scope exec async command

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 06:39:23AM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:47:49 -0500
> > From: Bob Rossi <bob@brasko.net>
> > Cc: GDB <gdb@sources.redhat.com>
> >
> > The first approach seems good, I was just wondering if that would
> > slow things down? Aren't hardware watchpoints must faster than
> > software?
>
> With hardware watchpoints. the inferior runs at its normal speed.  So
> how would it slow down things if we leave the watchpoint in place in
> that case?

Sorry, I re-read what you wrote and understand it a little better now.

I do have another question though. If GDB has another mecanism to
determine when hardware watchpoints go out of scope, why does it add the
scope watchpoint at all? Is it added and then never used? or does  it
not serve a function at all in this case?

Thanks,
Bob Rossi