Re: A case for `void *' for pointers to arbitrary (byte) buffers

> Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 11:36:56 -0400
> From: Andrew Cagney <cagney@gnu.org>
>
> To ensure that our byte buffers are compatible with BFDs we'll want to use
> "typedef bfd_byte gdb_byte" anyway.

Can you explain why?  I don't see why we will want that.

> Anyway, since the prefered name is "gdb_byte", and that was Eli's idea,
> I think it is fit and proper that Eli take the honours.   Can we get it
> done by tomorrow?

If ``we'' here means me, then no, ``we'' cannot do this by tomorrow.
I won't have enough free time until then, and on top of that, since
the FSF moved to their new offices, I have trouble even reading my
mail, let alone doing something more serious.  Sorry.