Debugging an JNI-C-dll with gdb in XP

Hi all,

I am trying to debug a simple "HelloWorld" Dll written in C with JNI
header declaration. This library is used by my java application.
Everything runs fine until the debugging.

I open two command windows separately. In the first one i start my
simple java application with simple jFrame via command java HelloWorld.
In the second command window I start the gdb with the parameter -nw for
debugging of my dll.
Then I attach the debuuger to the process of the HelloWorld application
an let the debuger continuing.
In the moment of calling the dll-function the debugger reports following

[Switching to thread 4088.0xbc4]
0x77c4610f in strcat () from /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/msvcrt.dll

..and finito

Please help me to resolve this problem..it's important for me...
Thank you.

Rastislav