Re: Stack unwinding on Windows with gdb 6.x (was: gdb stack trace problems (Addendum))

On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 10:38:54AM +0200, Roland Schwingel wrote:
>Hi...
>
>I don't like to reply to my own messages but I don't want to let this
>to be fallen asleep again.  In my eyes gdb 6.x is at present only of
>very limited use when debugging on windows mingw compiled executables
>because it cannot dump stack frames reliable.
>
>I know that the stack unwinder of gdb 6.x is of much better nature then
>the one of 5.3, but with 5.3 one could use gdb very good on windows to
>debug mingw code.
>
>So I think gdb 6.x should be able again to work on windows.  So what
>can be done to fix this?

I use gdb to debug on Windows on a daily basis and I don't find myself
hampered by gdb's inability to backtrace out of system functions.  It's
ability to do that has always been iffy.

So, as the windows maintainer, I have no immediate plans to try to
address this.  If it is bothering you, however, then I'll certainly
review any patches that you submit.

cgf