Re: Stack unwinding on Windows with gdb 6.x (was: gdb stack traceproblems (Addendum))

Hi...

Christopher Faylor wrote on 17.05.2005 18:56:05:
[...]
> I use gdb to debug on Windows on a daily basis and I don't find myself
> hampered by gdb's inability to backtrace out of system functions.  It's
> ability to do that has always been iffy.
Well we are working on highly multithreaded applications and with all
that native windows thread handling you always run into these problems
with gdb 6.x. Especially when your try to track down a crash it is terrible.
You won't get *any* useful stack trace.  Whereas it was possible
with 5.3.

> So, as the windows maintainer, I have no immediate plans to try to
> address this.  If it is bothering you, however, then I'll certainly
> review any patches that you submit.
Thanks. I am definitely willing to do something on it but if I can get
some pointers on how stack tracing works in gdb 6.x compared
to 5.3 this would be extremely helpful.

As of the fact that I am at present extremly busy with other things
it can take until june until I can actively work on it, but when I have
some pointers where I can read on how it internally works in gdb
I already can make myself a bit more used to the internals of gdb.

Roland