Re: [discuss] Support for reverse-execution

>> It would be an interesting discussion to see how bookmarks could be
>> incorporated into the gdb framework.
>
> Sounds like a very useful feature.  However, I think we need to
> support giving meaningful names to bookmarks, since a (more or less
> arbitrary) number used by the target is going to lack any mnemonic
> value.

How about counting numbers, like we do with breakpoints?

    (gdb) get-bookmark
    Bookmark #1, line 12, foo.c == <quasi-random-identifier>
    (gdb) continue
    Breakpoint 5, line 144, grbx.c
    (gdb) info bookmarks
    Bookmark   ID    Location
    1          <###> foo.c line 12
    (gdb) goto-bookmark 1
    Line 12, foo.c (bookmark <quasi-random-identifier>)