Re: Consistent format for memory addresses

> From: Nick Roberts <nickrob@snap.net.nz>
> Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 11:08:19 +1200
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>, gdb@sources.redhat.com
>
>  > You know it's a number - it's going to stay a number.  A function to
>  > turn one hex number into a regular expression that would match it with
>  > leading zeros wouldn't be much work.
>
> If you are saying that the address formats will only differ in their number of
> leading zeros, and not in other ways, then that is good enough for my purposes.

Well, it's a number, right?  What else can possibly change in the
address format that leaves the numeric value unmodified?  The only
other thing, besides leading zeros, that I can think of is sign
extension in some weird 32/64 bit situations.  But that's a theory, I
don't even know if it's possible in practice.  So I'd say leading
zeros is all you need to worry about for now.