Re: arm-elf-run and ANSI escape sequences

On 5/27/05, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> wrote:
> GDB doesn't use ptys.  You'll need to find out what is actually being
> written to the screen.

Thanks for the quick reply, Daniel. It seems that my trouble is due to
the output from the simulator being line buffered. I've checked that
this line buffering is not being done by the ARM binary being
executed. It appears to be done by GDB (arm-elf-run) or its terminal,
or...

My quick test is...
	fputs("Hello, ", stdout);
	getchar();
	puts("world!");

The getchar() flushes stdout, but nothing is displayed. Upon pushing
Enter, "Hello, world!" is displayed.

Do you have an idea as to which component in the output stream is
doing the buffering?

Thanks,
Shaun