Re: Configuring linker flags while cross-compiling gdb

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 03:06:14PM -0400, Aaron Gaudio wrote:
> In the case of libsocket, it is not a cross-compiler problem; you always
> have to add -lsocket to the link libs when using things like socket(),
> or linking libraries that do (such as X11 libs). The problem is that
> when building a native gdb on solaris (with --target=i386-pc-
> solaris2.10), configure detects that -lsocket is required and adds it to
> the appopriate Makefile macros, but does not when building for x86
> Solaris....

But it still ought to.  That's what I meant by a cross-compiler
problem; something has gone wrong during the configure step.

> Any further help is much appreciated.

I usually stuff things that need to go in LDFLAGS in $CC if they're
being ornery.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC