Unwinding stack past main() when it has another name

Hi,

I'm just curious if there's a better solution for a problem I've come up
against recently.  I have been using gdb 6.3 and finding that all of my kde
program backtraces contain hundreds of irrelevant and corrupt-looking frames.
Upgrading to cvs fixed most of the problem (the corrupt looking frames), but
some frames still remain before the main function, which in kde programs is
called kdemain().

Is there something the kde sources can do to have gdb recognise kdemain() as
the replacement main() function, and thus prevent gdb from unwinding past it?

Thanks,
Hamish.

PS. please cc me on replies as I am not subscribed.