Re: gdb runs multi-threaded with non-threaded app and gets SEGV

--- "Min Xu (Hsu)" <xu@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 Larry Martell wrote :
> > --- "Min Xu (Hsu)" <xu@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:
> >
> > > Larry,
> > >
> > > How about you run the program and let the
> program
> > > pass the
> > > lib call without using GDB. And spin there until
> gdb
> > > is attached?
> >
> > I tried this, but after it attaches to the
> process,
> > as then I try to continue it, it immediatly gets
> > a SEGV. And it sounded like such a good idea too
> :-(
>
> How can this be possible is beyond me. :-(
>
> Are you using SPARC?

No, I'm on a P4 running Linux. My app makes many calls
to functions from this lib. It seems a call to any
one of them causes the SEGV from within gdb. Like I
said before, it doesn't do this when I run it outside
of gdb, but it worries me. (I had forgotten how much
fun it is debugging with printf's ;-)

-larry