Re: Question regarding setting breakpoints on 'C' labels and thehandling of DW_TAG_label in new_symbol() in dwarf2read.c.

I too tried this recently and was disappointed to find it didn't work. Heres why I was trying it:

We have a number of source trees where code changes regularly. By using a label, we can write generic breakpoint scripts that are source tree independant (I.E. Don't need line numbers to place the breakpoint. etc).

Is there an alternative way to do what we are trying to achieve?

Cheers
Dave