New target support for GDB

Hi,

Support for the Texas Instruments MSP430 made its way into the main binutils CVS some time ago. I kept letting the GDB support slip behind the current changes, but now I am making a push to bring it up to date, and get it into the main CVS. I have code that seems to work with this week's GDB snaphot (6.3.50.20050822), though it needs more testing and polishing before it is merged. I want to sort out the procedural stuff in parallel with completing the code.

I understand I need to complete an FSF form, to contribute the code. I'm not sure which form, or where I need to send it. I looked on the GNU site, but there are a number of procedures for different circumstances. I'd like to clarify the appropriate one. I don't know the procedure for delivering the code, cleaning up anything which it not considered appropriate, etc. Also, I don't know who the coordinator is, who would deal with this.

Can someone help me?

We still need to get support into the main GCC repository. Once the GDB stuff is in place, I will try to push the compiler stuff forward. We've had solid support for GCC 3.2.3 since that was a new version. Again, we haven't made the necessary push to catch up with changes to the compiler core, and get our stuff merged. Now seems like a good time.

Regards,
Steve