RE: ppc64 altivec registers?

Hi,

Does anyone here know how to fix the configuration of the kernel so that
gdb can find the altivec registers?   The last time I heard from Andrew
Cagney he said :

"At the time the code was written it was for a special altivec kernel /
build / config. Hence it was only enabled when built powerpc-*-*altivec.
Time has passed and that restriction no longer applies. I'll see about
removing it."

TIA!

Terry Reynolds

Simulation Technologies, INC.

If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the
human race has not achieved, and never will achieve,
its full potential, that word would be "meetings."
                                         Dave Barry