Re: Using reverse execution

Jason Molenda wrote:

On Sep 15, 2005, at 8:14 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Anyway, one of the latest issues of DrDobb's ran an article about
debuggers that support similar features, with pointers to existing
products, so you could try to find them to get some ideas about
usability of this feature.

June 2005, issue #373, "Omniscient Debugging" by Bil Lewis. http://www.lambdacs.com/debugger/debugger.html

The whole omniscient debugging thing is actually a good example of
why I'm asking questions about user experience - while there are lots
of people interested, it gets magazine writeups, etc, there is very
little feedback from actual users that I could find. (Despite the
date of the Dr Dobbs article, this particular project goes back a
couple years.) Real user experience with ODB would be especially
interesting because it is strictly about walking around in collected
trace data; it's not possible to execute anything a second time.

Stan