Re: RedHat Advanced Server 3 and thread debugging

> Well, that all depends on what version of the Linux kernel you're
> running, what version of glibc you're running, and of course what
> version of gdb you're using.

I have tried various combination of glic, kernel
and gdb on different platform. Nothing works for me.

Platform : I386 & PPC
Kernel   : 2.6.9, 2.6.11 & 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4.
Glibc    : 2.3.4 and 2.3.5 with NPTL.
Gdb      : 6.3 and Gdb from Debian CVS.

> It's also important to realize that if you're stripping (parts of)
> your binaries, there's simply not enough information left for gdb to
> produce meaningful backtraces.  If you use -rdynamic, at least there
> is the dynamic symbol table for gdb to use.

The problem is, when brekpoint is encountered in a non-main
thread (or Newly created thread), the GDB terminates with
SIGTRAP.

Thanks
Ajay