MIPS-64 gdb to kgdb almost working

Hi,

I am trying to connect gdb via kgdboe to a mips-64 Broadcom target
running a 2.6.10 kernel.  Things actually work (sort of) except that gdb
seems to believe pointers are 32-bits.  Usually, that is, because if it
hits a breakpoint is displays a 64-bit address.  But, if I print the
address of something, it comes out as a 32-bit value.

It also knows the registers are 64-bits, but it only picks out and
displays every other 4 byte chunk in the stream sent to it by kgdb.

All the memory access requests to kgdb have 4 byte addresses, and ask
for 4 bytes to be read.

BTW, the way I got it to work is to or 0xffffffff00000000 into all the
addresses before accessing them with kgdb.  This works because our
kernel address space seems to start at 0xffffffff80000000.

It seems close enough to working that there should be a "trivial" fix.
Does anybody know of one?

Joe