Separating "shell dir" output from GDB/MI output

Dear all,

I am trying to see if it is possible to build a Tcl/Tk based GDB
frontend using Bob Rossi's MI parser. For normal commands, it works
just fine. However, if I execute "shell dir" command in gdb, the
parser will report error. (see the end of the email)

I am wondering if there is any way to separate the shell output from
the normal GDB output. So that this problem can be solved properly.

Sincerely hope that any one can give me a hand. I am using MinGW.

Best regards,
Jingzhao

(gdb)
&"shell dir\n"
Makefile             gdbmi_grammar.tab.o  gdbmi_pt.c         main.tcl
Makefile_orig        gdbmi_grammar.txt    gdbmi_pt.h         tkGDB.c
b                    gdbmi_grammar.y      gdbmi_pt.o         tkGDB.dll
bb                   gdbmi_lexer.l        lex.yy.c           tkGDB.exe
gdbmi_driver.c       gdbmi_parser.c       lex.yy.o           tkGDB_bak.c
gdbmi_grammar.tab.c  gdbmi_parser.h       libgdbmi_parser.a  tkGDB_stub.c
gdbmi_grammar.tab.h  gdbmi_parser.o       main.exe           tk_gdb.tcl
^done
(gdb)