$argc variable

Hi,

There was a proposal here:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2005-04/msg00055.html

Has anything come of it? I can't find anything in cli-script.c.

This is a feature I would very much like to see. SuperH/ST has had a very similar feature for quite some time now (long before the above proposal) in which $argc is a proper convenience variable.

I would submit our version, but I feel that the above is a better approach (implementation details aside) - it does not suffer from problems with recursion.

Is there any chance of resurrecting this idea?

Thanks

Andrew Stubbs