Re: Status on cross builds

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 12:28:02AM +0100, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> > Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 13:24:27 -0500
> > From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>
> >
> > Honestly, I recommend we disable -Werror for this release, if we aren't
> > going to spend a month fixing them.  You think the cross builds are
> > bad?  It's the natives that really break badly.
>
> But it's only enabled in gdb_mbuild.sh.  That hardly matters for the
> release.  By default, we still configure without -Werror.  I really
> think that's why so many stuff has problems with -Werror.  So instead
> I think, we should *enable* -Werror by default on the main branch
> after the release branch has been made.  I volunteer to do the
> necessary legwork and create a suitable patch.

Sorry, we get -Werror by default for the various directories from
binutils.  I was close.

After a release would be the right time to switch it on for gdb, if
ever.  But we would need broad build testing from CVS on the native
platforms, and I don't think we've _ever_ had that.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC